Job Title: Education & Teaching Artist Intern
Dates: Spring 2018: January-May
Pay: Experience + stipend available
Deadline to Apply: November 12, 2018
Overall Description:Working under the supervision of the Education and Community Engagement Director and Manager, act as the Education/Teaching Artist Intern, serving the general programming and operational needs of the Education Department. Check out our programs at: www.northlight.org/education and www.northlight.org/NLYC.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Workshops on resume building, interviewing skills and next steps in pursuing theatre as a career.
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q & A and networking.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-24 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Assist in creating study guides for all Northlight season shows.
- Assist in creating marketing materials (brochures, website updates, videos) for all education programs including: Season Access & Artist Engagement, Northlight On Campus, Speak Up!, and Master Class.
- Update mailing lists for schools and teachers and assist in outreach efforts.
- Track assessment from school-year programs and calculate statistics and contribute to the annual report.
- Work Season Access student matinee events and Northlight Opening Nights, and other special events upon request and availability.
- Work with Northlight Youth Council to support their Spotlight events.