Bobby's Bike Hike, Chicago's largest and most popular tour company, is seeking a Tour Director and Manager to lead and manage our award-winning walking and food tour division. We are seeking experienced and professional Chicago tour guides who want year round employment with an industry leader. The perfect candidate is a former tour guide who wants to take their ability to the next level by managing our very popular walking and food tour division. Experience in hospitality, tour guiding, or recreation management is of strong interest.
Imagine putting your performance and leadership skills to work while keeping active all year long, showing off the history and landmarks of our great city.
If you are:
- A storyteller, performer, actor, docent, tour guide, teacher or, more importantly, a leader
- Passionate about history, culture, and food
- Able and excited to walk a few hours each day (at a leisurely pace)
- Have weekend availability
- Management Experience
- Convinced Chicago is the greatest city in the world
Then our industry-leading outdoor adventure tour company could be a good fit for you!
Previous guiding experience, an active lifestyle, management background, and speaking multiple languages are strong pluses. But personality, passion, charisma, and leadership are the primary requirements.
We are looking for someone to grow along with us. Position Requirements include:
- Training & hiring
- Tour & staff management
- Creating new tours
- Vendor Relations
- Tour Guiding
Bobby's Bike Hike is Chicago's premier tour company for bike, walking, food and cultural tours. We are proud to be consistently ranked as Chicago's top rated tour company for the past 16 years. Our company culture is what truly sets us apart, focusing on Travel, Community, Health & Service.
We're excited to have you join our growing team of motivated tour leaders who are professional and fun, offering you an industry-leading training program to make sure you are ready to lead our crop of walking and food tour leaders.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please respond to this post and follow the steps below:
- Please email your cover letter (in the body of the email) explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
- Use the subject line: ARTIST RESOURCE -- TOUR DIRECTOR