Position: Stewardship and Community Engagement Events Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Director of Special Events and Stewardship
The Stewardship and Community Engagement Events Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating a variety of fundraising/stewardship/cultivation events throughout the season.
- Coordination of events including: Community Nights, Women’s Night, Community Breakfast, Membership Breakfast, Noon Salon, Play Club, Designer’s Eye, Season Preview, Business Council & Goodman Innovation Group receptions/dinners, Lounge Nights, Estate Planning Seminar, and other various events throughout the season.
- Responsible for operation and implementation of each event (liaison between Development, Artistic, Education, Marketing, Front of House and Production departments).
- Work with supervisor and Board volunteers to help conceive, plan and execute events.
- Work with supervisor to develop budgets for each event.
- Maintain and update calendar of all Development events and meetings.
- Maintain and update event databases and help create guest lists for targeted audiences for each event.
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- Working with the Marketing Department, provide support for the Goodman Theatre Scenemakers Board (young professional auxiliary group) - meeting organization and event planning and coordination.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of event coordination experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute good judgment
- Ability to work independently, to seek input and to take direction
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access; knowledge of Basecamp, ArtsVision, Wordfly and Tessitura a plus
- Sensitivity to confidentiality
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Send cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls. Please indicate in your cover letter where you found this position by listing the specific website or posting location.