Lookingglass Theatre Company, a nationally recognized ensemble theatre company located in Chicago Illinois, seeks enthusiastic team player to serve as the Scenic Charge Artist for our 2018-2019 season.
- Work with Technical Director to budget paint needs based upon scenic drawings.
- Attend design and production meetings as needed.
- Hiring over hire labor, purchasing, supervising and/or executing any treatments necessary, and providing any and all necessary paperwork and supplies to ensure the efficient maintenance of the show during performance.
- Ensure that all scenic elements are properly fire-proofed.
- Attend technical rehearsals as needed to take notes and confer with the scenic designer.
- Supervise execution of notes throughout the tech and preview period.
- Prepare paint kit.
- Keep organized log of treatments, swatches and process for each production. Compile information as needed for possible tours, remounts, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ or more years of experience in a leadership position
- 3+ of scenic paint experience at collegiate level or higher
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills
Dates as follows:
The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Prelim Scenic Design Due: July 16, 2018
Build Begins: September 03, 2018
1st Tech: October 31, 2018
Open: November 17, 2018
Act(s) of God
Prelim Scenic Design Due: September 27, 2018
Build Begins: December 03, 2018
1st Tech: February 06, 2019
Open: February 23, 2019
Prelim Scenic Design Due: December 31, 2018
Build Begins: March 11, 2019
1st Tech: May 01, 2019
Open: May 18, 2019
Closes: January 13, 2018
This position is a seasonal hire, but per show availability will be considered. Please indicate your availability/interest in entire season or specific shows in your cover letter. This position is paid $20/hour. OT is paid at 1.5x.