Chicago Detours, a tour company for the curious, is hiring for a permanent, full-time position (or possibly part-time, for the right candidate) that is 3/4 office time and 1/4 tour guide time. As a small business, it means a lot to find someone who fits into our culture of hard work, fun, professionalism, playfulness, and intellectual and creative geekery.
If hired, you will engage with both basic and big ideas in the exciting worlds of tourism and entrepreneurship. Working for a small business means you have to enjoy using different corners of your brain. Therefore, we look for people who are adaptable and multi-talented. This position is a mix of office administration, customer service, urban exploration, teaching and fun.
• Resolve issues and communicate with public tour clients via phone and email.
• Attend to the myriad details that make our public tours run.
• Operations management, like organizing procedures for selling tours with new vendors and managing public tour guide schedule.
• Manage the work of remote freelancers.
• Lead fun, dynamic public and private tours of interior architecture, historic bars, and Chicago neighborhoods.
Benefits for the Public Tour Coordinator and Guide Position:
• Health and dental insurance
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Fun, creative working environment
• Free walking and bus tours of interior architecture, historic bars, jazz and blues, and Chicago neighborhoods
• Flexible work schedule
• Educational team outings
• Office is in the very beautiful and historic Monadnock Building.
Schedule is 5 days per week in the office. Must be able to work Saturdays and the rare Sunday.
This is an awesome job for the right person. Please consider attending a Loop Interior Architecture Walking Tour before applying in order to know that this would be the right fit for you and to best articulate your qualifications. If you are invited to an interview, we will refund your ticket as a thanks.