Job Title: Part Time Custodian
Position Summary: The Part Time Custodian is responsible for all daily and project cleaning of the Goodman Theatre as well as assigned event setups. This individual interacts with diverse groups of employees and helps to support the Goodman’s artistic work.
- Perform all daily and assigned house cleaning activities.
- Daily garbage removal from all areas of the building.
- Post intermission garbage removal and cleaning during performances.
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Specific indoor and outdoor housecleaning duties as assigned.
- Event setup, tear down and cleaning as needed.
- Snow removal when necessary.
- Previous custodial experience in a large, commercial space
- Capable of maneuvering 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Dependable, and works well with team members
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial cleaning and sanitizing practices
- MS Office software program experience preferred
- Theatre or Live Entertainment Venue experience beneficial
- Experience with a wide range of custodial equipment preferred
- Ability to operate carpet cleaning and floor polishing equipment desirable
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Send cover letter and resume to https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html . No phone calls please. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position