Position Title: Program Internship (fall 2018/spring 2019)
The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public programs within a nonprofit cultural institution. This internship program will require a commitment of 14-21 hours a week for 3 to 9 months *, starting in September 2018.
CHF internships are project-based and vary based on the program cycle and needs of the organization. While all intern projects involve inter-departmental collaboration, each intern project has a specific concentration as outlined below.
*Note, a 9 month internship is preferred, but a minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with out-of- town presenters regarding program logistics and technical requirements
- Assisting in preparation of individualized itineraries for Festival presenters
- Providing logistical support at fall and spring Festival programs
- Maintaining and updating presenters’ database profiles
- Assisting with research for the fall and spring programs
- Working closely with the program and production teams to produce selected CHF programs and venues. Duties may include, but are not limited to, communicating with artists, presenters, partners, venues, vendors, and the like; determining technical requirements; confirming and augmenting requirements as needed; tracking details in CHF’s FileMaker database; and ensuring all details are met during the Festival.
- Working closely with other CHF seasonal hires including house managers, stage managers, audio and video producers, and other technical staff before and during the Festival.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should enjoy complex research projects, demonstrate dynamic writing abilities, show initiative, have extensive computer experience, and be able to work in a team environment. Microsoft Excel, Filemaker Pro, and Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit the following by August 30, 2018:
Application (available at http://chicagohumanities.org/about/internships), cover letter (including how you heard about the internship), resume, brief personal statement, and two references Please limit your personal statement to 500 words. Please send all application materials as ONE PDF attachment.
NO phone calls
About the Chicago Humanities Festival
The Chicago Humanities Festival connects people to the ideas that shape and define us, and promotes the lifelong exploration of what it means to be human. CHF fosters curiosity, celebrates creativity, explores the boundaries of contemporary knowledge and culture, and challenges us to see ourselves and the world anew. The Festival envisions a city and society in which its members engage in thoughtful dialogue, explore a diversity of ideas and come together to find positive solutions. Collaborating with many of Chicago’s major cultural and educational institutions, CHF produces over 130 events annually all across Chicago. CHF has a national reputation for featuring some of today’s most important, influential and inspiring minds—exceptional authors, scholars, journalists, performers and visual artists—both on stage and online.
Visit chicagohumanities.org for more information.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.