Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera. Lyric Unlimited, a division of Lyric Opera of Chicago, offers a multifaceted program of expanded community engagement and artistic initiatives that includes Lyric's longstanding education programs.
Through Opera in the Neighborhoods, Lyric Unlimited offers fully staged and costumed English-language opera productions for Chicago area students in grades 3-6. Opera in the Neighborhoods performances, which are presented at local high school and college venues, serve as an exciting introduction to live opera for elementary students.
The OIN Tour Manager handles all logistics for the OIN performance tour. The 2018 OIN tour begins October 15 and ends on November 16. Final rehearsals take place between October 8 and 12.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- House manages performance sites, makes usher assignments, assigns school seating, greets school upon arrival, and manages the dismissal process.
- Interfaces with stage manager to ensure the performances run as scheduled.
- Oversees bus arrivals and departures before and after performances.
- Interfaces with security personnel at schools.
- Makes introductory remarks at start of performances and manages Q&A with artists.
- Serves as the point of contact for the stage crew when they arrive at the school.
- Trouble shoots any issues related to the production needs.
- Serves as liaison with the cast and crew regarding arrival and schedules.
- Ensures that all cast and crew members act appropriately and professionally.
- Facilitates meals as required for tour personnel.
- Oversees OIN Tour Assistant.
- Requires the ability to reliably get to locations throughout the Chicagoland area.
Management retains the option to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.