Job Title:Young Performer Supervisor
Reports To:Stage Management/Production Office
Start Date:9/6/18 – 10/7/18
The Goodman Theatre seeks a Young Performer Supervisor to work with the Stage Management team on our production of NEW STAGES 2018. The Young Performer Supervisor will be an essential member of the company who will be responsible for all the young performers (16 years and younger) in the production throughout all rehearsals and performances.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Duties and responsibility:
- Responsible for the supervision, welfare, and management of all Young Performers (16 years and younger) at all times
- Provide supervision during meal breaks, and escort to local food establishments as needed
- Meet Young Performers in the lobby when dropped off, and deliver them to their parents at the end of rehearsal/performances
- Escort Young Performer to and from the stage for all entrances and exits
- Communicate with Parents/Guardians and Stage Management to ensure that the needs of the Young Performer are met
- Abide by all rules and regulations put forth by The Goodman Theatre, specifically those concerning Young Performers
- Previous experience working with children
- Stage Management and/or Teaching Experience beneficial
- Understanding of theatrical rehearsal procedures, and performance etiquette
- A background check will be required
This is an hourly position for the duration listed above.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.