Reports to: Vice President, Lyric Unlimited
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera. Lyric Unlimited, a division of Lyric Opera of Chicago, offers a multifaceted program of expanded community engagement and artistic initiatives that includes Lyric's longstanding education programs.
The Lyric Unlimited Coordinator is responsible for general support for the Lyric Unlimited department, administrative support for the Lyric Unlimited Board Committee, and day to day support for the Vice President, Lyric Unlimited. This position also has primary responsibility for arranging school busses through the Bus Scholarship Fund.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide general office support for the Lyric Unlimited department.
- Provide telephone assistance to external customers inquiring about the department’s programs and services.
- Prepare department’s accounts payable invoices for approval; manage department financial record keeping, including the reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Oversee department specific office supply needs and request purchases as necessary.
- Schedule all department staff meetings; Prepare agendas, take and distribute notes.
- Manage organization of Lyric Unlimited electronic files.
- Archive Lyric Unlimited promotional and educational materials.
- Perform a variety of general administrative duties for other Lyric Unlimited program staff, as assigned, to assist with on-going departmental workload and special events.
- Update inventory and track use of department equipment (keyboards, video camera, etc.)
Provide administrative support for the Lyric Unlimited Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare all electronic and hard copy pre-mailings to Board members; tracking RSVPs and tracking attendance; communicating with internal/external staff regarding catering arrangements and facility set up; preparing materials for use at meetings; and writing meeting minutes.
- Coordinate maintenance of accurate/current Lyric Unlimited Committee contact information.
- Partner with Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer and Manager, Office of the General Director to schedule meetings; liaise with assistants of committee members to schedule meetings, share meeting materials, and remind members of upcoming meetings and events.
- With Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer, ensure that Lyric’s board chair has all pertinent information about all Lyric Unlimited events and receptions.
- With Vice President, Lyric Unlimited, develop content for and produce e-newsletter for Committee.
- Assist with the creation of presentations for Committee meetings.
- Liaise with Development staff to coordinate fundraising reports and materials for Committee meetings.
- Attend to special requests of Committee members, including obtaining tickets for Lyric Unlimited events.
Provide administrative assistance for the Vice President, Lyric Unlimited, to include but not limited to:
- Answering and screening telephone calls.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations, speaking points and other documents as assigned.
- Managing correspondence for the VP, Lyric Unlimited , including drafting and disseminating thank you letters and notes to community partners, artists, donors, and other contacts.
- Maintaining Vice President’s appointment calendar, including scheduling of meetings with all internal/external personnel and partners, and coordination of related communications and/or support materials.
- Assisting with travel plans and expense reimbursement.
Liaise with schools and bus companies to fulfill school bus requests through the Bus Scholarship Fund.
- Accurately communicate performance start and end times to ensure appropriate bus pick-up and drop-off.
- Troubleshoot and respond when issues arise.
- Track utilization of scholarship.
As Lyric Unlimited evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.