Reports To:Phone Sales Supervisor
Status:Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Compensation:Hourly Rate Plus Commission
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric donors, subscribers, and audience members in outbound telefundraising and telemarketing interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate outbound calls to solicit patrons for philanthropic support
- Connect emotionally with patrons and serve as an enthusiastic ambassador of the organization
- Build a positive rapport across a variety of personality types
- Make a clear, persuasive case for financial support during every call
- Keep patrons informed on the mission, goals, and objectives of Lyric
- Create and maintain strong relationships with patrons by responding to questions and taking feedback on their experiences
- Document all patron transactions, information updates, and communications in CRM systems
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
- Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity
- Cross-train with other staff on Lyric ticketing sales tactics and initiatives
Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible hours. Hourly rate plus commission
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Core business hours: Weekdays 10am – 5pm, 4pm-8pm, Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays 10am-2pm
- Most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split