We are looking to hire a teaching artist of color to lead teach a comprehensive creative writing and performance residency for the entire 4th grade (3 separate classes of around 25 students each) with a focus on civil rights activists and the experience of being a minority in America.
- Teaching artist must identify as African-American, or other person of color.
- Teaching Artists must have a background in theater or improv, both as a performer and instructor.
- Teaching artist must have a background in teaching creative writing to youth.
- Teaching Artists who have a strong passion for working with youth 8-9 years-old.
- Additional background in theater and/or education is a plus.
- Someone who is timely, organized and responsible.
- Someone who is creative and able to collaborate with Mudlark Staff.
The residency schedule is as follows
- Mondays; 9:15 – 10:00am
1:15 – 2:00pm
2:30 – 3:15pm
- Tuesdays; 9:15 – 10:00am
- Wednesdays; 9:15 – 10:00am
- Fridays; 2:40 – 3:25pm
Teaching artist must be available for all times.
Total amount of compensation for the residency is $2,400 for a total of around 40 contact hours. Payment will be broken up into stipends that will be processed on the 1st of every month of the residency.
Contact Information: Interested applicants should email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com