At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking mission-driven individuals to join our Education department as Youth Dance Program Work Studies. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago work studies are integral members of the organization. Work studies engage with Hubbard Street’s administrative and artistic staff to build knowledge, experience, and confidence in arts administration. Work studies have the opportunity to work at the theater when the company is performing in Chicago’s Harris Theater for Music and Dance, and see company performances. Work studies also have the advantage of taking free classes at the Lou Conte Dance Studio.
Gain hands-on experience in arts management and dance education with Hubbard Street Dance Chicago’s renowned Youth Dance Program, assisting our experienced teaching artists and staff. Work studies are responsible for a wide variety of administrative support tasks.
- Providing all students/caregivers with current program information
- Handle payments, and maintaining student records as well as answering phones, relaying messages, and fielding questions
- Check-in with parents, students and teaching artists
- Enforce and uphold Youth Dance Program policies and procedures
- Organize and update mailing lists
- Assist in departmental and organizational data entry and database management
- Assist in organization of documentation and archives
- Assist with marketing/flyer drop for the Youth Dance Programs
- Keep Youth Program calendar up-to-date
- Handle general office duties, such as photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.