TimeLine Theatre Company is seeking customer service-oriented candidates for the part-time position (10-20) hours/week) of House Manager for the 2018-19 Season. Evening and weekend availability is an absolute must for any candidate.
- Work with Box Office, Stage Management, and Production Assistants to coordinate the smooth operation of the house before, during, and after performances, readings, and special events.
- Orient and train volunteer ushers.
- Prepare and distribute House Management Reports after performances.
- Ensure the safety of patrons and staff through the enforcement of emergency procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness and accessibility of interior and exterior TimeLine public spaces, which may include mopping, shoveling/icing in the winter, etc.
- Listen to and address patron issues, questions, and concerns in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Establish a strong working knowledge of ADA guidelines in support of TimeLine’s Accessibility goals.
- Be knowledgeable about the company, current productions, current season, upcoming events, and how they may affect house operations.
Training will begin mid-August. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager and the Front of House Manager.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
TimeLine staff members share the core values of the company:
- COLLABORATIVE: Valuing teamwork as a creative force
- EXCEPTIONAL: Demanding excellence and innovation in everything we do
- FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE: Managing resources effectively and appropriately
- INCLUSIVE: Embracing diversity in all its forms
- INTIMATE: Creating a close connection between art and audience
- RESPECTFUL: Listening and being open to everyone’s perspective
TimeLine Theatre Company is dedicated to presenting stories inspired by history that connect with today’s social and political issues. A not-for-profit theatre company located in Lakeview, TimeLine has produced more than 65 plays, including nine world premieres and 27 Chicago premieres. TimeLine's work has received consistent audience and critical acclaim. We have been honored with 52 Jeff Awards, including an award for Outstanding Production 11 times, and are the recipient of the prestigious 2016 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions. Now celebrating its 20th season, TimeLine has emerged as a leader in the Chicago theatre community, distinguished by its unique mission to explore history, and built on its reputation for artistic excellence and sophisticated business management. The company strives to embody its vision and values, which includes a commitment to inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. TimeLine produces four productions per season, a play reading series, and its Living History Education Program.
Shifts (House Managers typically work 2-3 shifts per week, with at least one weekday shift and at least one weekend shift):
Wednesdays: 6:15pm – end of show
Thursdays: 6:15pm – end of show
Fridays: 6:45pm – end of show
Saturdays: 2:45pm – end of 8:00pm show (two-show day)
Sundays: 12:45pm – end of show