The Group Sales Representative is a member of The Theatre School administrative staff and shall work with the Manager of Audience Services, Box Office Manager, and other front-of-house staff as needed.
The Group Sales Representative reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and is a part-time non-exempt position.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Active communication and solicitation of group sales for Theatre School productions, including contact with educators, community organizations, and group leaders.
- Active outreach to public and private teachers across the Chicagoland area for solicitation of group sales as well as solicitation of feedback and potential partnerships.
- Creation and maintenance of sales contracts, invoices, and receipts, with timely follow-up on payment collection and correspondence.
- Implementation of Customer Service Policy, greeting group leaders at performances and handling questions and customer complaints.
- Supervision of student group sales and education assistants, Chicago Playworks bus runners, and student ticket agents at performances, when necessary.
- Participation in staff meetings and marketing meetings and creating a Group Sales Strategic Plan with S.M.A.R.T. goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises 3-9 student workers, including bus runners for Playworks for performances and workers in the administrative office.
- This office generates approximately $70,000 in ticket sales that are processed through the Box office system.
- You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- The hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with additional hours as needed.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws