POSITION TITLE: Finance Associate
DEPARTMENT: General Management
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Controller
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a detailed, proactive, mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s Business Office. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Associate supports and performs crucial bookkeeping and reporting functions for a $6.5M company. This work is integral to a smoothly running organization and the ideal candidate must enjoy working closely with many different constituents in a fast-paced, creative environment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diligently process all journal entries in a timely manner and ensure accurate payroll processing on a biweekly basis.
- Record, process and reconcile all monthly corporate card statements, cash receipts, deposits, and office petty cash.
- Coordinate and execute monthly internal reports and departmental account reconciliations; work closely and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments.
- Perform root cause analysis when required and prepare corrective entries.
- Prepare for annual audit and support Controller on annual budget work, and on special projects as needed.
- Responsible for timely reporting of tax forms and other filing requirements with city, state and federal agencies. Maintain timely and accurate filing of all business office paperwork and document all processes. Work closely with Controller to envision and enact more efficient processes.
- Other duties as assigned.