Northlight Advancement Intern
Job Title: Advancement Intern
Dates: Fall 2018: September-December
Pay: Northlight internships are unpaid. We provide hands-on experience and one- on-one connection to Northlight Theatre.
Deadline: July 27th, 2018
Working under the supervision of the Director of Advancement, the advancement intern will perform a variety of tasks relating to raising funds for Northlight Theatre.
The Internship Experience Includes:
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- One-on-one meeting with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q&A and networking upon request.
- Attend and participate in all internal meetings including weekly meetings with advancement, monthly check-in's with marketing, and staff and audience engagement meetings which typically occur bi-monthly.
- Discounts to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-18 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Assist with the planning and execution of all donor, fundraising, and cultivation events throughout the year.
- Assist in planning and execution of the annual gala, taking place on November 2, 2018 with responsibilities including silent auction management and host committee engagement.
- Assist in researching new funding opportunities including those available through Forefront.
- Update existing grant templates for ease in sending out multiple LOI’s and grant requests.
- Update mailing lists to include new sources of funding. Further develop customized lists including those to legislators, community partners, family foundations, etc.
- Enter donor gifts and information into eTapestry.
- Track donor campaigns and enhance our stewardship effort.
- Research and share best practices in fundraising strategies for the arts.