Emerald City Theatre (ECT) seeks a motivated individual to create and implement the annual strategic development plan for the organization, refining a structure for effective fundraising to meet the organization’s current and future financial needs in a sustainable and consistent way. With the support of our engaged board and Executive Director, this position is the first-ever full-time Development Director. With a specific focus on individual and major gifts, the Development Director fosters relationships with existing and potential individual donors, funders, corporate sponsors, and other public/private organizations to advance the mission and vision of ECT. The Development Director directly supervises the Development Manager on individual giving, fundraising events, and department administration.
- Proven track record in meeting fundraising goals, preferably for an organization with a budget of $1million or larger
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills; ability to make a strong, effective case for support; ability to establish and develop solid donor relationships
- Excellent computer skills; experience with SalesForce or other CRM database a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to focus on strategic vision as well as day-to-day plans
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Proven track record in setting and executing development strategy, and meeting fundraising goals
- Team-player with high level of initiative and professionalism
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as performances, events or meetings required
- A passion for Emerald City Theatre’s mission to help Chicago’s children creatively face the world
- 40+hours/week with some evenings and weekends
- Salary commensurate with experience, range of $65K - $75 annually, generous time off package and benefits
- Collaborative, creative, and playful work environment
- At Emerald City Theatre we celebrate and support differences in people as it benefits our employees, artists, families, and community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Recently named Chicago’s Best Children’s Theater by Make It Better magazine, ECT celebrates all of Chicago’s children through playful, professional, and culturally relevant artistic programs that motivate young people to creatively face the world. ECT is Chicago’s largest theater for young audiences with an annual operating budget of $2.2 million. Performance venues include Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place and Apollo Theater. ECT’s programming reaches an average of 60,000 children ages 0 – 15, parents, and educators each season through its three pillars of work: artistic productions, educational programming, and outreach initiatives.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.