Midwest Young Artists Conservatory is seeking a dedicated person who shares our passion for music education to join our team!
The Coordinator of Programs will coordinate MYAC’s Orchestra, Chamber, Jazz, and Choral programs. Full-time administrative position. Possibility for the right candidates of splitting position into two part-time Coordinator positions (Orchestra/Chamber and Jazz/Choral).
– Take lead, working with President and Ensemble Directors to plan each season so that MYAC has a musical, educational, social mix of concerts, outreach programs, and other activities.
– Manage program/ensemble scheduling, ensuring that activities do not conflict and that all program calendars are updated.
– Build positive relationships with MYAC families and students.
– Deliver outstanding, friendly customer service. Respond to parent/student questions and concerns.
– Consistent communication with parents and students of information/updates related to programs, rehearsals, performances, and other relevant information.
– Ensure website is updated with all relevant program information.
– Keep accurate records of attendance for all programs.
– Lead administration and development of MYAC’s Summer Programs.
– Take leadership role in recruitment efforts for all programs.
– Provide input to staff into marketing and development materials.
– Maintain active communications and cultivate relationships with MYAC faculty, private music teachers and school music directors.
– Maintain and manage YouTube channel and cloud storage of performance video/audio recordings.
– Take leadership role in coordinating and representing MYAC at events.
– Work closely with leadership to meet annual goals of MYAC’s Strategic Plan.
– Setup/breakdown equipment for weekly rehearsals.
– Arrange for transportation of all equipment and music to and from concert locations for performances.
– Utilize and manage work-study students to assist in above responsibilities.
– Help recruit, train, manage, and retain a large parent volunteer force to assist MYAC staff.
– Saturday (orchestra/chamber) and Sunday (jazz/choral) hours required during the school year.