TimeLine Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the part-time position (18 – 20 hours/week) of Bookkeeper.
The Bookkeeper reports to the General Manager. This is an entry-level position with some flexibility for a person interested in obtaining a foundation in arts management at an award-winning theatre.
- Responsible for all financial data entry; deposits, receivables, payables, journal entries, monthly credit card reconciliations, etc.
- Maintenance of personnel files
- Coordination of internal department reconciliations
- Vendor communication/contract maintenance
- Maintenance of TimeLine’s weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial obligations
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Part-time hourly, competitive rate based on experience
- 18-20 hours weekly during normal business hours (M-F 10am-6pm) with some flexibility in scheduling
TimeLine staff members share the core values of the company:
- COLLABORATIVE: Valuing teamwork as a creative force
- EXCEPTIONAL: Demanding excellence and innovation in everything we do
- FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE: Managing resources effectively and appropriately
- INCLUSIVE: Embracing diversity in all its forms
- INTIMATE: Creating a close connection between art and audience
- RESPECTFUL: Listening and being open to everyone’s perspective
TimeLine Theatre Company is dedicated to presenting stories inspired by history that connect with today’s social and political issues. A not-for-profit theatre company located in Lakeview, TimeLine has produced more than 75 plays, including 10 world premieres and 32 Chicago premieres. TimeLine’s work has received consistent audience and critical acclaim. We have been honored with 52 Jeff Awards, including an award for Outstanding Production 11 times, and are the recipient of the prestigious 2016 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions. Now celebrating its 212t season, TimeLine has emerged as a leader in the Chicago theatre community, distinguished by its unique mission to explore history, and built on its reputation for artistic excellence and sophisticated business management. The company strives to embody its vision and values, which includes a commitment to inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. TimeLine produces four productions per season, a play reading series, and its Living History Education Program.