Title: Associate Director, Education and Engagement
Reports To: Director of Education and Engagement
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre seeks a highly organized, collaborative educator-administrator for our dynamic Education and Community Education Department. The ideal candidate has theatre education experience, and is able to work internally and externally to include and engage diverse groups of people. A passion for the arts and a strong commitment to social justice is a must.
Job Summary: Day-to-day management of Education and Engagement (EE) staff and programs. Strategic development of new programs and partnerships.
1. Daily management of EE staff, including ongoing performance feedback
2. Manage and administer community arts education programs
3. Liaise with various departments to exchange data and coordinate EE initiatives
4. Develop assessment protocols for all programs and workshops
5. Monitors all revenue and expense activity
6. Structures curriculum for and supervises work of department intern/apprentice
7. Substitute teaches for teaching artists in all programs
8. Supervise rollout of new initiatives, including workforce development program
9. Coordinate and monitor department data within Tessitura
1. Strong time, staff and project management
2. Understand arts and education as essential tools for civic practice
3. Excellent oral and written communications
4. Prior teaching and curriculum development experience
4. Teaching and facilitation of diverse topics and of diverse ages; cultural competence
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the arts, communications, or education and at least five years managerial experience.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in one of the above fields. Fluency in Spanish. Proficient with technology, Tessitura experience highly desirable.
Additional Eligibility Requirements: Must be able to drive and hold valid driver’s license. This job also requires work on some evenings and weekends.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.