Job Title: Assistant Properties Supervisor
Reports To: Properties Supervisor
Start Date: Immediately
The Goodman Theatre seeks an Assistant Properties Supervisor to be a part of our production team for the 8 show subscription season, our annual productions of A Christmas Carol, New Stages Festival, and special events. The Assistant Properties Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Properties Supervisor in all aspects of running the properties department which includes coordinating with the props staff to ensure timely and efficient workflow of projects, aid in communicating with designers and stage managers on all productions, work load-ins and load-outs, track expenses, coordinate prop rentals, and additional projects as assigned.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-union position which includes a full benefits package and requires some evening and weekend hours.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Two to three years professional props experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with prop construction methods and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Quicken. Experience with AutoCAD and Photoshop are beneficial
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70 lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Must have own vehicle, applicable insurance, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.