Profile and Job Description
Straus Art Group (SAG) (www.strausartgroup.com) is an art consulting firm that specializes in fine art appraisal, acquisitions advisory, art sales, and art collection management. Appraisal and collection management is central to our business. SAG appraises private art collections for estates, donations, and insurance purposes. In addition to fine art appraisals and cataloging collections, Straus Art Group provides complete art collection management services at every stage of a collector’s life, including advising clients on purchases to add to their collection and sales of artworks. SAG seeks an individual with strong arts administration skills in support of these projects. He/she would assist in our ongoing appraisal activities, conduct detailed and accurate appraisal research, archive and enter data, and support the company’s Director. Hours range 20-30 hours per week/hourly wage.
- Coordinating site visits with clients, ensuring that expectations are clear and that deadlines are being met.
- Assisting in appraisal research, documentation, and data management
- Supporting principals with administrative tasks including invoicing and expense reporting
- Managing clients’ collection archives
- Assisting in curatorial responsibilities
- Maintaining marketing materials, portfolio, and web site
- Photo Editing
- Track and ensure execution of project deadlines and scheduling