CST’s Advancement Department creates and executes fundraising strategy to solicit the Theater’s contributed revenue through corporate, foundation, government and individual sources for annual operations. The Advancement team is responsible for the stewardship and cultivation of donors through events including the annual Gala.
The Advancement Intern will assist with Chicago Shakespeare Theater's fundraising initiatives in support of the Theater's programming. The intern will gain a broad understanding of fundraising including coordinating stewardship activities and special events, researching prospects and general administrative duties. The intern will also gain valuable experience using the donor and ticketing database, Tessitura.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater internships are structured as a commitment of 10 weeks between January and May 2019, the program is flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of selected interns. Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Assist in planning special events and/or production opening
- Assist in execution of mailings and e-solicitation projects
- Assist in research and maintaining donor profiles
- Data entry and maintenance General office support
- A modest travel stipend
- College credit as available through a student’s academic institution
- Educational and career-coaching opportunities, including an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization
- An in-depth review of the intern’s resume/portfolio with CST staff members
- Complimentary tickets to CST performances
- Invitations to company-wide events with actors, designers and other artists
- Free and reduced-price tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide housing