The Chicago Alliance of Visual Artists (CAVA) is pleased to announce its Later Impressions 2018 juried art exhibition. The exhibit will be held from September 4 - 26, 2018, at the Old Town Art Center in Chicago.
We encourage eligible artists to submit up to three of their best works created within the last five years to be featured in the show. Paintings, prints, photography, drawings, fabric art, mixed media and 3-D pieces that can be wall mounted may be entered.
In 2018 CAVA celebrates its 30th year as a not-for-profit organization committed to addressing the needs and concerns of artists age 50 and older. In addition to our annual Later Impressions exhibit, CAVA sponsors workshops, events, and exhibitions. Through our website and Facebook page, CAVA promotes opportunities for artists to show and sell their work.
Best in Show $500
Award of Excellence (3) $100
Honorable Mention (3)
Artists age 50 and over, living in the greater Chicago metropolitan area may enter.
Jurors to be determined.
Norman Baugher, Shel Beurgen, & Vicky Tesmer
Artists are welcome to submit paintings, drawings, printmaking, mixed media, photography, fiber art and 3-D objects that can be wall hung.
1. All work must meet professional presentation standards.
2. Work must be framed or gallery wrapped and wired, no alligator hangers.
3. Work must have been completed after 1/1/2013.
4. Submissions must not exceed 40 inches w x 50 inches h (including frame).
5. Work may not have been in any previous CAVA show.
CAVA members may submit one to three works for an entry fee of $20; non-members must pay CAVA's annual membership fee of $50 plus the $20 exhibit entry fee. Fees payable at www.WeAreCava.org.
Sale of Artwork
Artists will handle their own sales.
The Old Town Art Center requires a 10% commission. CAVA requires a 15% commission. Price your work accordingly.
OPENING RECEPTION & AWARD CEREMONY
Sunday, September 9, 2018, 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
1. Use CAVA's EntryThingy online application linked through the website (www.wearecava.org) under events.
2. Digital images should be 1500 pixels wide in the longer dimension in jpg format.
3. List the file name for each piece on the entry form.
4. Online submissions deadline: Friday, July 20 at 11:59 p.m.
5. You can use the PayPal online payment system to pay your $20 entry fee, or mail a check to:
CAVA LI 2018 c/o Norman Baugher
1710 N. Crilly Ct., Chicago IL 60614
312 787 7025